We are looking for a suitably-qualified Academic Manager who is both an excellent classroom practitioner with experience in a variety of teaching contexts, and at the same time, a competent leader and manager.
We are looking for an Academic Manager who is hard-working, reliable and professional. If you are willing to go the extra mile to help the colleagues and ensure the smooth running of the Academic Program at all times, you are the one.
The Academic Manager has overall responsibility for the smooth running of the program including but not limited to testing, timetabling, allocating classes, providing ongoing guidance and support to teachers, carrying out observations and running teacher development sessions.
Application deadline: 30/07/20
Starting date: as soon as possible
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage a team of teachers competently, confidently and professionally
- Create and manage classes, assign teachers and undertake all associated administrative tasks in order to ensure a smooth and fully effective academic program
- Prepare the Academic Plan by term, by semester and by year
- Take the lead in developing necessary teaching materials
- Design testsOrganize, manage and store all paperwork related with the academic program
- Ensure that proper assessment tools and procedure are in place and undertaken by responsible team members
- Monitor the team’s performance by carrying out lesson observations (and giving useful feedback) and provide support and guidance when necessary in order to build and maintain a team of professional, competent, happy and fully effective teachers.
- Monitor and manage students’ conduct and behavior in order to promote a harmonious school community in which every student can be confident and unafraid to voice opinions and thrive
- Assist the Academic Director in developing, revising, and updating the academic program and teaching practices every semester to meet the curriculum goals
- Participate in the recruitment process
- Provide leadership in induction, training, mentoring, observing, managing, supporting, and organizing a growing team of teachers
- Assess academic staff’s performance and provide constructive feedback together with developmental plans
- Carry out formal staff reviews and appraisals.
- Participate in any staff discipline processes.
- Attend meetings and be involved in relationship building with stakeholders and other related parties with coordination and support from line manager and board of management if required.
- Teach when necessary
- Other tasks may be assigned when needed by the Academic Director
Requirements & Qualifications
- University Degree or equivalent
- Valid (or expired) IELTS/TOEFL Score
- Demonstrated and extensive experience in teachers development/management
- Skilled in courses/curriculum development/revision
- Demonstrated ability to develop collaborative work teams in a professional environment
- At least two years management experience and three years teaching experience
- Strong communication skills, flexible and proactive
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and deliver effective result
- Desire to learn and overcome new challenges
- Proven digital literacy skills
- Experience in managing language teaching institution
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Paid annual leave
- Target Bonus
- Written test
- Teaching demonstration